Saturday, March 8, 2008

Crazy Week

Wow what a week. Where do I begin? How about at the beginning? Sounds good.
Last week was my brother and my first trial. It was a three day breach of contract action concerning a lady (our client) who tried to purchase a manufactured home. Long story short, the guy who owned the dealership jerked her around a bit and then breached the contract.
Anyways, after working at the office all weekend on the preparation, #4 and I packed it in at around ten and were going to meet back there at 6:30 the next morning. So the next morning as I am driving to the office at 6:30, I get a call from #4 to tell me that we had burglarized and our laptops had been stolen. Great start to our first trial!!!
Anyways, the next few days were a blur and when we surfaced on Wednesday, we had won our first trial.
The next few days were spent getting back to the daily grind and getting past the loss of our computers. It is much more of a hastle than you would think.
So then on Friday I met with a few people who helped me our with some great info on a separate case, which was great.
Saturday morning was spent getting back into the workout routine. Went swimming (quick 2500) and then went for an easy ride around Verdi and then up Geiger Grade. I am guestimating that it was about 60-70 miles.
And to top it off I made it home in time to see the jayhawks handle Texas A&M. No bad.
Currently I am on a bench outside of a dressing room typing this on the trustee iPhone while I wait for #13 to try on a few maternity outfits. Then it is on to a movie - hopefully "Semi Pro."
No matter what happens next week, it will most likely seem boring in comparison.

No comments: