Tuesday, November 6, 2007

End of World - or - End of Era????


Kansas is now 9-0 in football. What? Are you kidding me?


Either this is the most recent sign of the apocolypse, or it is truly the end of an era an era when KU was the most sought after homecoming opponent in the land.


I mean seriously. I googled "fighting Manginos" and was suprised that there are over 1,300 hits!!! [Results 1 - 10 of about 1,320 for "fighting manginos".]




This is an unprecedented year for the "fighting Manginos", or as my step-father-in-law calls them, the "fighting Mandingos." The last time I remember being this interested in the football program was back in 1995 when I was a student at KU and the football team went 7-0. But this is all cool and hopefully it is not a fluke.


Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, a top 5 BCS ranking, national exposure, and a guaranteed season of 9 wins convinces me that Mr. Mangino - that fine athletic specimin - is definitely worth his weight this year. And that is no small feat.


No comments: